Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
You decided to go natural by growing out your relaxer. Here are a few tips for caring for transitioning hair.
- Realize your hair will shed.If you see some relaxed ends in your comb don't be alarmed it is part of the process.
- Choose styles that keep your hair handling to a minimum.This will help to keep breakage to a minimum. If you can avoid messing with your hair every day, do so. There are styles that last a week or more. And some that you can wash your hair with them in.
When Washing . . .
- Try to avoid tangling your hair while washing it.Be gently with your hair. Think of it as a cashmere sweater and not a dirty pair of work pants.
- Smooth on products from root to end.
- Blot dry.
- Set a cutting/trimming schedule.
- Only use hair scissors to trim your ends.Never cut anything else with those scissors.
- If you feel uncomfortable trimming your ends enlist the help of a friend or go to a salon.