Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Breaking edges due to Kinky Twist!

Dear Flydivastyle,


I have a dilemma, I just took down my kinky twist that have been up for two months and I had a lot of stressful events happen and I started twisting around those ones closes to my edges and the center now I have a couple of thin areas should I get another set of braids or should I wait and what's good to grow my edges BACK HELP ME PLEASE!!!
NaToya


Dear NaToya,


I wouldn't recommend getting braids again right now. Let your hair rest awhile. Do a style that is not harsh on your hair line.  Lavender oil has been shown to increase hair growth, so massage the oil once a week and soak for 30 minutes before washing. You can also massaged your scalp with a mix of essentials oils (EVOO-Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and carrier oils (rosemary, lavender, peppermint, thyme, mix with the EVOO) NEVER use them (the carrier oils) by themselves . Hope this help!



Here are a couple options about these oils:

a) Rosemary Oil - Needs to be mixed with a carrier oil (too potent otherwise). Known to increase blood flow, therefore, promoting hair growth.

b) Peppermint Oil - Needs to be mixed with a carrier oil (too potent otherwise). Gives a cooling effect/tingle to the scalp, and removes dandruff. Purifies the scalp. Known to increase blood flow, therefore, promoting hair growth.

c) Castor Oil - Cleanses toxins & impurities from the scalp, nourishes and thickens the hair. Stimulates hair growth while moisturizing dry brittle hair.

d) Coconut Oil - Promotes hair growth by revitalizing and exfoliating dead skin tissue from the scalp. Great in removing dandruff so that the scalp/hair follicles can breath and the hair can grow at a faster rate.

e) Aloe Vera Gel/Juice - Includes an enzyme that is beneficial in stimulating new hair reproduction.

f) Vitamin E - Antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation. Helps to increase and improve circulation of your scalp, promoting the growth of healthy hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...